Untitled Document

- Gnoumou(sec)

Admin

2009-08-12 오후 2:24:00  3046
- File 1 : -Gnoumou(sec).doc  (28 KB), Download : 738

Assistance on paper about African Secretariats for Seoul Council 09

My job as AMCF francophone VP has always consisted basically in the following tasks:

-          creating and maintaining relation with  our partners in the ministry and with the MCFs or contacts in the region to help them grow.

-          To be a link between the English documents  and, let me say “culture” in the fellowship with the “French” comprehension of things, which results in the daily translation of any kind of information

-          Sending letters to officials in nations in my region to introduce our ministry

-          Visiting the nations when possible to encourage our brothers and sisters,

which I do with the help of Eléonore my wife, a secretary by profession but not fluent in English, and the technical and financial support of ACCTS, ACCTS MMI and now MSO. We have always done the work from our own house where a room has been used as office ( or secretariat if you like ).

The financial support of MSO in secretariat came not to fundamentally change the work but greatly enhanced its effectiveness and possibilities. Now let us answer to the questions.

1. HOW HAVE YOU ORGANIZED YOUR SECRETARIAT AND USED THE FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE PROVIDED BY MSO FOR IT?
    Yes we have organized our secretariat and used the financial assistance provided by MSO. It consisted in

a)      Equipping the secretariat:
- a scanner- printer- photocopier machine
- installation of a high speed internet line with necessary devices
- office furniture
- office supply

b)      Next to the secretariat we could organize another room with two beds and air conditioner to be able to accommodate our missionary brothers when necessary in acceptable comfort.

1. HAS THE SECRETARIAT BEEN VALUABLE TO HELP YOU IN YOUR TASKS?
    Yes it has.
    - Regular scanning of documents
    - we could call the MCFs or contacts as regularly, as possible as phone calls are expensive hear.
    - we could so much appreciate precious 2- 3 days’ fellowship from time to time at home with brothers in mission
    - I could easily plan personal trips using them as opportunities to meet with military christians many times in Côte d’Ivoire, Togo, Benin, Cameroon for instance

2. WHAT SPECIFIC TASKS HAVE YOU ASKED YOUR SECRETARIAT TO CARRY OUT TO ASSIST YOU OR OTHER MCS IN YOUR REGION?
    As I said in introductory words the tasks did not fundamentally change in nature but were better done and got greater possibilities in
    - scanning
    - translating
    - e- mailing and phone calls
    - accommodating missionaries

3. HAVE YOU ANY PLANS TO SUSTAIN YOUR SECRETARIAT WITHOUT MSO OR ACCTS MMI ASSISTANCE AND IF SO WHAT ARE THEY?
    Our hope is that the local MCF will make rapid progress and be able to help. We are working for that

4. HAVE YOU ANY IDEAS OR VIEWS ON SELF SUSTAINING OF SECRETARIATS IN THE FUTURE?
    Yes.
    - helping the MCFs in my region to be mature
    - Trying to raise sponsorship among local churches
    - Note: We planned a special workshop on HOW TO MOBILIZE FINANCE FOR A MCF  during our forthcoming regional seminar in Guinea ( Conakry, April 23 – 26 ).

I hope this modest contribution will any way be helpful for the paper.

Gaston K.  GNOUMOU

10 1 1

1  Secretariats for African VPS     McCabe 2009-08-12 3236
2  - Mwaniki(sec)     Admin 2009-08-12 3144
 - Gnoumou(sec)     Admin 2009-08-12 3047
4  - Komo(sec)     Admin 2009-08-12 3071
5  - Louwrens(sec)     Admin 2009-08-12 3089
6  'Lighthouse' MCFs     Vines 2009-08-12 3038
7  Military Chaplains working with MCFs     Vines 2009-08-12 3077
8  How to work with Roman Catholics and Orthodox people     Throun 2009-08-12 3041
9  Violence against Women     McCabe 2009-08-12 3154
10  Military Christian Leaders Analysis     Hellberg 2009-08-12 3197